Friday, January 21, 2011

The world needs flowers and sugar

Recently I had a birthday. No, I shan't reveal which one. I don't believe it myself, as in my own assessment, I am about 25. We'll go with that. :) But it was my first birthday over here in England and so we had a small gathering of our friends and I made my first cake from and English recipe. I was reasonably pleased with it, but it shall definitely take more practice. I didn't realize how IMPORTANT it was to beat the sugar and butter so long. I liked how fluffy it got. But I digress--terribly sorry. The point is that I had some lovely friends bring me homemade cupcakes and also lovely spring flowers. And I loved both things so much that I decided to post it. The last three days have been blue and lovely and have lulled me into thinking spring might be soon. Ha! I know better of course, but with my sweet scented flowers blooming away on the table in conjunction with the weather, I fell to the deception. It's nice and cold again today, to remind me that I am indeed in the latter part of January. But here are a few pics of some of the joys that brightened the winter. :)
Katie made these and spelled out my whole name with chocolate letters. 
And I've been enjoying playing with recipes, so I shall put up pics of those too. I am afraid this is a fearfully feminine blog post, so any men reading, tune in next time. :)
Wine glazed baked chicken with roast vegetables
French potato salad
Sticky soy chicken on cous cous. This was lovely! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment