Wednesday, February 8, 2012

All the little moments

So today Colin smiled at me. He did I promise. The thing is I have no photographic proof, because of course as soon as you grab the camera, he refuses to do it again. He has so many great little faces and noises, that I almost wish we could have our own version of the Truman show and have a camera on him all the time.
But all that to say, he really gave me his first real grin, unsolicited by gas or achieving a truly epic diaper. (which he has done twice in the last week, both times while I was on the phone.) Everyone tells you how fast babies change at this age and they're so right. So I have spent a lot of time when I hold him just looking at all his little features and trying to imprint them on my brain, because as my mother-in-law recently told me "you turn around to do the dishes and turn back to find that they're 18!" So I love looking at the chubby rolls that he is developing around his wrists and thighs. And I like playing with his fingers and tiny hands. And I absolutely LOVE the feel of soft baby breath in my ear as he snuggles his head on my shoulder. And I love his little (and big!) grunts for well, no reason that I can see and of course, who can resist baby toes?
He definitely knows Mark and I and he loves to stare at his daddy while Mark works on something. He also likes to lie on Mark's chest and just have some man to man time while they watch rugby. Well, Mark watches rugby, and Colin watches Mark. :)
I tried to take some video of Colin smiling, but of course he refused, but he's still cute so up it goes on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment