Monday, May 28, 2012

Katie's Birthday Cake

So I have become a Pinterest devotee. I do understand those with reservations about it, but I have to say, I adore all the creativity and fabulous recipes on there! It has been so inspiring for me. And thus, the idea for my friend's birthday cake was born. I love the champagne cupcake recipe I found and used a double recipe to create the four layers. And I've ben DYING to do an ombre cake so I had fun with blue gel coloring as well. I have played with royal icing in ways that would never have occurred before and hunted down edible gel pens so I could place great literary quotes on the cake. I am a believer in the idea that a truly great cake should taste as good as it looks. So everything on there is edible. And I can't wait to perfect some of these ideas in the future!!














No comments:

Post a Comment