Thursday, September 13, 2012

Birthday spread

I really need to get with it. I shall attempt better discipline with the blogging. But at last, I am getting up a shot of the birthday cake I made Mark. It was blue velvet cake with a vanilla bean Swiss buttercream frosting. Sadly, forgot to take a shot after we cut it, to show the blue, but I was very happy with the results and I LOVED the real vanilla bean in the frosting. It was pretty as well as delicious. So here tis:



I also asked Mark what he'd like for dinner. We were in the 'let's make it easy and economical' mode and I had an idea from Pinterest (of course) so I made him a Dagwood sandwich. And had loads of fun doing it. Here's the battleground laid out:


And here's the completed sandwich. I wanted to go another layer, but my husband didn't feel quite up to that. :)


Five kinds of meat, three kinds of cheese and veg in between homemade bread. Yep, we both had fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment