Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Busy Boy

So slowly, but surely, our firstborn, the one who was a baby just yesterday, is finally talking. A lot still sounds like Ewok, but we're starting to learn it through the immersion method. ;) But he has the important things like the names of all his immediate family members and has this week accomplished saying the names of one set of godparents. Granted Will and Katie have become 'Wuh' and 'Kitty' but we'll take it.
And my goodness is he a MAN now. He has people to see, places to go. He loves our back garden and would happily run around back there for hours. I can already see I need to get him a plastic gardening set as he loves being out with me and our plants. (and dirt. Lots of dirt) He loves the small park near us as well and has recently discovered the sky. He's noticed things IN the sky, like planes, but all of a sudden he was pointing at clouds. 'Whats'sss?' is a question we get a lot. And I had some people tell me how tired I would get of this question. Nope. I adore his thirst KNOW. And I keep looking at him and thinking that I must hold on to these moments and feed that thirsty little brain because all too soon he'll grow up. I don't want to be maudlin, but after teaching 9 years, I learned well just how fast those small little 12 year olds were graduating because I blinked. So I am holding on to the 'whats'sss?' days with joy. We'll have our lives to talk about deeper things and well formed thoughts. Right now I love answering the factual questions over and over.
The other thing Mark and I love seeing is the how much Colin loves his sister. As she's sitting up now, it's as if he has truly SEEN her as a person and he loves to interact with her. And my goodness, does she adore that. And him. He is so tender with her and sweet. Not perfect, no, but his natural tendency is to love on her. And we love that. He can climb into her crib and he's been doing so in the morning when we go in to get her. And she laughs and he sits beside her and grins at me in his boy toes and curly hair. So he may be crazy and the most energetic little being I know--one who can wear me OUT--but my lands do I love him so deeply. And those boy arms hugging me tight more frequently these days, I will treasure and hold on to him as long as he'll let me. So here's our guy. Ta da!






No comments:

Post a Comment