Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Flowers and Food!

I can tell that Spring Fever is upon me. I have this deep urge to clean the house REALLY thoroughly, I want flowers consistently and I am trying new recipes and looking for 'springy' foods. So, I have begun what some term 'spring cleaning', but mine actually involves spring cleaning, spring cooking, spring shopping and spring fitness. That last one is important if I'm going to be making all the things I want to make! And I've got a good start on some of these categories. I spent a good part of Saturday vacuuming weird and wonderful cracks and crannies throughout the house as part of my regular clean. Mark and I made an epic journey to buy our first cordless drill so we could hang newly framed pictures and I had to buy a few spring decorating touches as well as several organizer boxes the other day!

In the cooking department, I have made round one of French macaroons and intend on at least two more attempts before I tackle them 'for real' at the Newman's for Easter. :) And because my husband likes them, I made stuffed peppers for dinner the other night. A great spring dish and I can have it too, because I substituted portabello mushrooms for some of the peppers. Necessity is the mother of invention... So I thought I'd share a few pics of what I've been up to!













No comments:

Post a Comment